School Nurse Training
Managing Students with Seizures and a Training for School Nurses and School Personnel
Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Registration: 8:00am – 8:30am
Workshop Time: Place: 8:30am – 1:30pm
Location: San Diego County Office of Education 6401 Linda Vista Road, San Diego, CA 92111 401 / 402
Participants will learn:
- The impact of seizures on learning and behavior.
- Current treatment options and their side effects.
- Simple strategies for creating a more positive and supportive environment.
- Critical issues related to medication administration.
- Key components of a seizure action plan.
- Appropriate first aid for all seizure types.
- The essential elements of seizure training for school personnel.
- Steps you can take now to help maximize educational and developmental opportunities for students with seizures.
District & School Plan Connection:
The Managing Students with Seizures program addresses the LCAP priority area of Student Engagement (School Attendance Rates).
No Registration fee – FREE to Attend, but on-line registration is required. Each participant will receive a light continental breakfast and free workshop materials.
CEU units are available, if you attend the entire day of training.
Register Online At: http://sdcoe.k12oms.org/918-81482 Registration deadline: March 18, 2016
Questions? Please call Jeanne Salvadori, School Nurse Project Specialist – Student Attendance, Safety & Well-Being 858-569-5300 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration Questions? Please call Tasha Smith at (858) 292-3795 or email: email@example.com Please visit our Web Site: SDCOE – Student Support Services