The Epilepsy Foundation of San Diego County awards college scholarships annually. Click here for Scholarship Information 2016 *2016 Application will be added January 2016. 2016-17 Academic Year scholarships are due MAY 1, 2016.
Scholarship applicants must be permanent residents of San Diego County, Imperial County or Southern Riverside County. Applicants may be enrolled in a school outside of these areas. Scholarship applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
1. Students currently being treated for epilepsy that are currently enrolled or will be enrolled in a college, university or trade school in the fall of 2015. Applicants must provide a letter from their doctor verifying that they are currently being treated for epilepsy/seizure disorder. Applicants must also show satisfactory academic performance and demonstrate financial need. (The criteria for “satisfactory academic performance” do not necessarily mean high GPA. It will be considered according to the capabilities of the student given any learning disabilities, medication side effects, etc.).
2. Full-time college or university students involved in epilepsy research projects in the fields of health or social science. Applicants must provide aletterfrom their professor documenting project details. Students must also have a GPA of at least 3.0 for all work completed and demonstrate financial need.
The following documents must be included in the application package:
1. Completed scholarship application
2. Statement of Eligibility
3. Statement of Financial Need
4. Current transcript (official or unofficial) verifying enrollment and GPA
5. Letter from your doctor stating you are currently being treated for epilepsy OR letter from your professor stating you are currently working on an epilepsy research project (please include project details)
6. Two letters of recommendation
For more information and to apply, please contact 619.296.0161